We are a software development and strategy firm, building new products and applications for ambitious entrepreneurs and organizations.
MeterX (Nov. 2017 - Present)
Role: Lead Developer
What is MeterX?
MeterX is a tool for companies that value their employees’ time and hate wasting money to reduce the number of low-value, wasteful meetings at their companies. MeterX fetches time, cost and value data about meetings from organization management systems like Google for Work, employers and employees and returns insights about the time, cost and value of meetings to leaders of the organization.
Overview of Work
Serve as lead developer of the website along with other Lightmatter developers and designers
Google API/Social Authentication Integration
Built in such a way that API integration and Social Authentication can be easily adapted to include many other organization management systems.
- Set up MeterX API Accounts
- Build onboarding flow that integrates Google API Python library and fetches and stores user and calendar data from an organization.
- Integrate Python/Django Social Authentication System
- Connect Google Accounts with Social Authentication System
Admin and Employee Dashboards
- Provides time, cost and value insights to organization leaders with aggregations and graphs.
- Allows employees to provide feedback on and see information about meetings they've attended
What is Fitzroy Toys?
Fitzroy Toys connects toy brands, manufacturers, and wholesalers with toy retailers and provides a platform for toy retailers to buy toys from those brands, manufacturers, and wholesalers.
Overview of My Work w/ Fitzroy Toys
- Sync local data with third party services used on site:
- Build scripts to track changes in shipping and payment information from third party shipping and payment services and update Fitzroy database accordingly
- Build internal and external financial due dillegence systems:
- Build scripts to compare local data with data reported from third party servies to determine if any discrepancies exist
- Utilize Django excel export library to calculate, compile and export financial and transactional information around brands, retailers, and Fitzroy Toys employees which can be filtered by date ranges, parties involved in the transaction, and various other transaction details.
- Make new brand account pages:
- Rebuild Django/Python integrations with payment service API (Stripe) to allow brands to more easily add/change/delete their bank and contact info
- Restructured and redesigned Stripe users flows to improve UX
- Redesign and fix bugs in order detail page, order detail PDF export and shipping label creation flows (integration with Easypost API)
- Build a Fitzroy Toys Styleguide Webpage
- Refactor brand, retailer and product queries and searches to improve recomendations and search results throughout the site
- Improve order verification (improve requirements around number of units/cases and add method to address)
- Improve structure and content of emails and email sending flows
ArchHacks 2016 Website (Repo) and Tech
January 2016 - Oct 2017
Built the website for ArchHacks, Wash U's premier hackathon, from scratch integrating Flask with an Apache server and collaborated with a website designer and mentored several other site developers to drive over 53,000 page views from over 14,000 unique users to the site.
- Font Awesome
- Google Maps API
- Google/Facebook Analytics
- SSL Encryption
- Web Server Gateway Interface (WSGI)
Main Website Components
June 2016 - Oct 2017
Aug 2016 - Oct 2017
- Developed Python software modules to help with hackathon logistics and aid sponsors such as Express Scripts, Google, Pfizer, Centene, Siemens, Cisco and AT&T.
- Set up, integrated and maintained an email system with the archhacks.io domain
- Created and operated a database of user applications and other information
- Maintained the ArchHacks hackathon DevPost website
Taipei Language Institute: Volunteer Work (Repo)
in Taipei, Taiwan
Worked entirely in Mandarin Chinese with a Taiwanese team to develop a video conferencing system for students and teachers at the Taipei Language Institute around the world. Used an Ubuntu server paired with a Kurento Media Server to stream live video between a scalable number of students and teachers through Websocket and WebRTC.
- Kurento Media Server